- Idaho missed out on over $470 million from 2010 to 2019 due to incomplete census data
- Counties receive approximately $1,483 per resident per year based on county population
- Where you register with the census is kept confidential and never linked to other governmental requirements like property tax exemptions or mailing addresses
- If you spend 50% of your time in Valley or Adams County, you can consider it home, per the census.
- Mandated by the Constitution: The U.S. has counted its population every 10 years since 1790
Hospitals. Fire departments. Schools. Even roads and highways.
The census can shape many different aspects of your community. Each year, the results help determine how more than $675 billion in federal funding is distributed to states and communities.