CREATIVE SOLUTIONS. REGIONAL APPROACH. COMPREHENSIVE STRATEGY.
The West Central Mountains Economic Development Council (WCMEDC) is a nonprofit organization established through partnerships with the Idaho Department of Commerce, cities, counties, and chamber to help businesses and entrepreneurs thrive in our unique, regional community. WCMEDC is the primary voice moving regional issues forward that are vital to all businesses and residents of the region. We ensure that Cascade, Donnelly, McCall, New Meadows, and Yellow Pine are all working together, efficiently and effectively, as regional partners with shared vision and success. The work we do makes our community a better place to live and enhances the resources available to businesses, small and large.
Thank you for getting to know who we are and what we do. We are committed to this region and the success of the individuals that live and work here. Learn more about what we have accomplished and see what’s in store as we continue to address important topics.
The council’s charter was first adopted on July 25, 2012 and last amended on October 23, 2012:
To encourage Valley County communities, businesses and organizations to act more cohesively towards an improved local economy
To solicit or assist projects that substantially strengthen the local economy (through business stimulation; community & infrastructure development; sector development)
To inspire and solicit creative (“outside the box”) solutions for issues at hand
To attract businesses and economic opportunities to the region
To assist in the creation and maintenance of a climate that fosters economic growth and viability
The West Central Economic Development Council board is made up of members representing different regions of the West Central Mountains to encourage broad perspective on the council.
- A Chamber of Commerce Representative from the Cascade, Donnelly and McCall chamber or business community
- A city council representative from each of the three incorporated communities: Cascade, New Meadows, Donnelly, McCall
- 1- County Commissioner, representing unincorporated Valley County
- 2 -At-Large (non-government) members appointed by the council
- the University of Idaho Extension Educator of Valley county
Council meetings are open to the public and are generally held every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 3:00 PM. The location of the meeting rotates from Donnelly, McCall, New Meadows to Cascade and starts again.
Meeting Ground Rules
- Start on time, end on time
- Limit side conversations
- Different opinions are welcome
- Disagree here and now, not afterwards
- Challenge ideas or relevance, not people
- Silence = agreement
- Follow through on action plans
When a decision is necessary and reasonable effort does not yield a consensus, majority decisions are acceptable as long as the minority opinion(s) can “live with” the majority position.