THIS TRAINING IS CURRENTLY BEING POSTPONED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS COURSE, PLEASE EMAIL ADMIN@WCMEDC.ORG TO BE ADDED TO THE NOTIFICATION LIST. WE HOPE TO BE ABLE TO OFFER THIS COURSE LATER IN 2021.
WCMEDC, UI Extension, the Idaho Association of General Contractors, Idaho State University, Idaho National Guard, Builders First Source, YMC Mechanical, EnergySEAL, PineTop Custom Homes, Franklin Building Supply and the Idaho Dept. of Labor will be combining forces to launch one of the state’s first full construction and trades pre-apprenticeship programs. This intensive 30 day program will incorporate industry-led training elements in hard skills, soft skills, work readiness, an OSHA safety certificate, basic first aid and CPR, plus a 2 day construction combine event and community service project. You’ll learn from the best in the business, plus have an opportunity to get hired after completion.
Students must be 18+, and will receive a certificate upon completion of all elements. If you or someone you know have been wanting to get into the construction industry, this is your chance! The value of this program is $400, but we are able to offer it for $100 thanks to a grant from our partners at Idaho AGC. Students who complete the entire series will receive a full refund of their fee as well, making the course effectively FREE for completers. Space is limited. Scholarships are available too! Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, OR register below:
Course Outline: CURRENTLY POSTPONED
- TBD Construction Combine with Idaho State University, Idaho National Guard and local contractors: https://constructioncombine.org/
- TBD: Workplace safety, etiquette and PPE
- TBD: Hard skills, plan reading, power tools, material handling, measurements
- TBD: Basic First Aid & CPR
- TBD: Work readiness, earn your way up, resume writing & GRADUATION
- OSHA 10 card (independent study online through AGC)